Somebody screwed up, badly.
For the past two weeks or so we have had warm Spring weather with sunny days for the most part. So, naturally, we put all the heavy coats, long-johns, scarves, mittens, and hats into storage. Yep, we messed up. We live here and we should know better. There’s an iceberg in the bay, and today I woke up to snow on the ground, and a temperature of -5C with the wind chill. Brrr.
(Ok so this is an exaggeration. The bit we got is already melted)
Ok, here in Newfoundland complaining about the weather is a national pastime. Now that I have done my duty to the former republic, let’s get on with the good stuff. This is a ROW80 check-in after all.
1. Blog twice each week over and above my ROW80 check-ins
2. Continue to read and comment on the blogs of my fellow writers
I am still managing to average about five or more blogs per day.
3. Write at least 2K words on a WIP each week
Oh yeah, got this one finally.
4. I set out to publish six novels this year. I managed three last round, and two more between rounds, so that leaves me with one more novel to publish. I will see if I can get it out this round.
The editor is having a go at the next novel as we speak. This one is going to rock. I believe it will classify as Y/A romance. Thinking of a cover now.
5. Read and review two or more first novels by new writers this round
Got in one review this week so I’m quite happy here.
6. Publish two or more short works, between five and twenty five thousand words.
I have already published the first of two, working on an idea for the second.
All in all I am pleased with this week. Not only did I get lots done, but I’ve had a chance for a long discussion with my editor and feel my work will greatly improve as a result of this ongoing discussion. Life is good.
So tell me, how did you all make out? Did you hit your targets? Overcome the obstacles? Let me know how you’re doing and remember, there’s a coupon for a free copy of The First Key at the right of the page.