It is time for the ROW80 check-in again and this time there’s a problem I rarely face. I have no idea at all what to do next. The bomb fell last night. I have been all pumped because I had a manuscript being edited and she seemed to like the story. Last night I got the verdict. “I love this. It is a sweet story and I just love the characters, but… there isn’t nearly enough angst or challenges here to hold the average reader.”
Ouch. A moment to think and I knew the truth; it would be more work to fix it than it would be to write a new one from scratch. So, that one goes to the back burner. Now the dilemma; what to do next?
I wanted to put out another romance next, and I do have a manuscript almost ready to give her. I also have another one started, I have the sequel to Novan Witch well under way, I have the sequel to Immortal Tigress started and a dozen ideas running through my head for new romances. The big question is what the heck to do?
So, gentle readers, I put the question to you. What would you recommend I do next? I would love a bit of feedback on this one.
Anyway, on with the goals.
1. Blog twice each week over and above my ROW80 check-ins
I’m right on track here.
2. Continue to read and comment on the blogs of my fellow writers
I’m happy with where I am here as well. So many wonderful blogs, so little time…
3. Write at least 2K words on a WIP each week
This is temporarily on hold. Perhaps I can get it back on track later this week.
4. I set out to publish six novels this year. I managed three last round, and two more between rounds, so that leaves me with one more novel to publish. I will see if I can get it out this round.
See above for the mess I’m in here.
5. Read and review two or more first novels by new writers this round
One down, one to go here. All good.
6. Publish two or more short works, between five and twenty five thousand words.
One down and one to go here, but I have no worries about this one.
Ok, that’s it for me on this snowy day in the frozen North. How are you folks doing? Are you reaching your goals? What would you do with a dilemma such as mine?