Hi folks, it’s time for the old Wednesday check-in. This has been a good week so far and I’m expecting even better things as the week wears on. So, on with the show.
1. Blog twice each week over and above my ROW80 check-ins
I’m right on track here. If any of you are wondering how to cope with turning forty, I’ll tell you how I did it in my next post.
2. Continue to read and comment on the blogs of my fellow writers
This is an easy one as I have so many great blogs to choose from. I read and comment on a minimum of five per day.
3. Write at least 2K words on a WIP each week
I’m right on track here with over a thousand words on my WIP so far this week. With luck I’ll cross the 2K tonight.
4. I set out to publish six novels this year. I managed three last round, and two more between rounds, so that leaves me with one more novel to publish. I will see if I can get it out this round.
As I said last time, I now have two novels waiting on the editor. Life is good.
5. Read and review two or more first novels by new writers this round.
I recently picked up a copy of A Patchwork of Perspectives Vol. 1 by Alberta Ross. This book is a collection of short stories, vignettes of life’s moments told from different perspectives. The best word I can use here is, delightful. I loved them all and I quite love Alberta’s voice, her style.
I truly enjoyed the book, but the highlight for me was her description of a dog pack in action. I live with a pack of dogs, and know exactly what she described looks like. Wonderful.
The best part here is, you can read a story in a quick break. Got a few moments to kill, read a story. You can find A Patchwork of Perspectives here:
6. Publish two or more short works, between five and twenty five thousand words.
The first has already been published, The First Key. Here’s a coupon for a free copy. UZ27H
I also have two other possibilities for the next one. The first is a fantasy tale and the other is that small collection of Erotica I’ve been threatening to publish.
So, my fellow ROWers, how are you all making out? Please don’t forget to “like” my FB page here: http://www.facebook.com/Prudence.MacLeod.author
And my Amazon page here: http://www.amazon.com/Prudence-MacLeod/e/B0079XOY8U
Thank you so much for dropping by.