The past few days have been sunny. Now you would suspect this to be a good thing, and it is. However, there is something about human when the first sunny days of Spring happen along. Yes, this Spring is no exception.
Sitting at my computer in my dark little work space, I suddenly found myself unable to concentrate. I felt like I was in the center of a bee hive. First the neighbor on the right came out with the ride-on lawnmower. An hour or so later the ride-on was exchanged for the push power mower to do the edges, then the gas weed wacker to finish the job. Before that was finished, the neighbor on the left came out with his ride-on mower, then the push mower, and then the weed machine, but before he was finished the guy next to him got out the ride-on and…
All right, so you get the idea. I know, I know, it has to be done. Why? I cry to the wilderness? All that grass could feed a small herd of cattle providing meat for the winter. Perhaps put in gardens that could supply enough food for the whole neighborhood. Why must we spend fortunes and pollute the atmosphere tending that inedible crop and then import food from China?
Okay, I’ve had my rant and feel better now. So, let’s get to those pesky ROW80 goals.
1. Blog twice each week over and above my ROW80 check-ins
Working on it, but struggling a bit.
2. Continue to read and comment on the blogs of my fellow writers
Loving this part and having no problem meeting this goal.
3. Write at least 2K words on a WIP each week
Already nearly doubled that and the week is young. Wheee!
4. I set out to publish six novels this year. I managed three last round, and two more between rounds, so that leaves me with one more novel to publish. I will see if I can get it out this round.
I am feeling good about this one. Something should hit the shelves later this month.
5. Read and review two or more first novels by new writers this round
Working on this one.
6. Publish two or more short works, between five and twenty five thousand words.
Got some stuff in the works, but it is still in the works.
So, how did you folks do on your goals? Yes? No? Maybe you have a favorite rant to share. I’m listening so let me hear from you.