Hi folks, it’s time for the Wednesday report. Sunday I started keeping track of where the time goes. It has been enlightening so far. The good news is I can easily see how to fix this thing. The down side is I am beginning to see that Pogo was right all those years ago when he said, “I have seen the enemy and he is us.”
Yep, I have seen the enemy and she appears to be me. As far as I can see, one of the biggest impediments to my productivity is me getting sucked into the internet. I know social media is the way to connect with friends, colleagues, fellow writers, readers, etc. and I love it. Too much.
This whole process is still a work in progress, but I have hopes it will prove productive. So, here’s me doing internet research. (Playing World of Warcraft.) Honest, it keeps the juices flowing. Really.)
I’d like to thank everybody who gave me tips and especially Jennette Marie Powell for steering me to a great book. Keep those ideas coming folks, I need all the help I can get.
Now, time for the ROW80 check in.
1. Write 10,000 words per week. (I’ve managed about 6K so far this week. I’m happy with that. I may just make the ten after all.)
2. Read 10,000 words per week. (Done.)
3. Edit ten pages of a completed MS. (Done.)
4. Feature a new author every Friday (Volunteers anyone?)
5. Read and comment on 10 blogs per week. (Five so far. I have to work on that, it’s the fun part.)
6. Log my computer time to see where I can change my work and play habits for the better. (Done. I warn you, this can be an eye opener. eesh)
Well, that’s pretty much it for today. If you want to share any ideas about how to work smarter, I’d be happy to listen.
Folks, if you are an author and want to be featured on this blog, just drop me a line here: email@example.com